McVeigh Funeral Home, Inc. has been serving Albany, NY families with professional, personal service for over 150 years. As a fourth-generation family-owned business, our team is experienced and dedicated to serving the community with personalized attention and excellent service. We help families plan and hold meaningful funeral services and memorial ceremonies. Our funeral and cremation options range from full traditional funerals to modern choices. Over the years, we have served families across all denominations and traditions. What matters most is making sure the funeral, cremation, or memorial will honor your loved one in a way that is meaningful and fitting. We are here to assist every step of the way, and will help you put together a beautiful life celebration.
The company founding dates back to 1852, when the Harrigan family provided dignified funeral services under the name John Harrigan General Furnishing Undertakers. In 1901, William C. McVeigh joined the team and worked alongside members of the Harrigan family. William became owner of the business in 1938. He changed the name to McVeigh Funeral Home, Inc. and moved to the current location in Albany, NY. Upon his passing, son William J. McVeigh took over the business and continued the tradition of serving Albany area families. Later, third generation family member William E. McVeigh joined the team, followed later by his daughters Kristin and Laurel. Over the years, the funeral home facility underwent major changes and renovations, and more staff members were added to the team. However, the traditional values and foundation of professional, compassionate service remains the same. Today the funeral home is operated under the direction of fourth-generation President Kristin McVeigh-Parente, along with Vice President & Funeral Director David Parente.
There are many circumstances in life where you plan events to celebrate a loved one and recognize the importance of their life. A funeral or memorial service is one of the most loving, honorable events you will plan for them. Funeral services are an important step to starting the healing process, and a way for friends and family to gather together, support each other, and share memories. We will help you prepare funeral, cremation, or memorial services that are fitting and reflect the unique life of your loved one. From immediate funeral or cremation needs, to planning veteran services, ordering flowers, memorialization, or pre-planning your own services, our licensed funeral directors are here to assist!
McVeigh Funeral Home, Inc. is part of the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA), the New York State Funeral Directors Association (NYSFDA), and the Capital District Funeral Directors Association (CDFDA). Our rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) is A+.
If you have immediate or pre-planning needs, call us day or night at (518) 489-0188.
- Products and Services
- Funerals, Funeral Services, Funeral Home, Burials, Cremations, Cremation Services, Caskets, Vaults, Memorials, Urns, Pre-Need Funeral Services, Pre-Planning Funeral Services, Honoring Life, Life Celebrations, Grief Resources, Memorial Ceremonies, Veteran Services, Military Honors
- Professional Associations
- National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA), New York State Funeral Directors Association (NYSFDA), Capital District Funeral Directors Association (CDFDA)
- BBB A+ Rating, licensed funeral directors
- Serving Cities
- Albany, Colonie, Loudonville, Guilderland, Rensselaer, Bethlehem, Delmar, East Greenbush, North Greenbush, Voorheesville, Green Island, Watervliet, Troy, Clifton Park, Menands, Selkirk, Schenectady, Niskayuna, Rotterdam, and Saratoga Springs