If you’re moving into a new home or looking for a simple way to upgrade your quality of life in an existing space, a whole house water filter system can provide countless benefits for a relatively minimal investment of time and money. Read on to learn how one of these systems can work for you.
What is a whole house water filter system?
A whole house water filter system is a tool that treats the water you use throughout your home, removing impurities and improving water quality. The system attaches to your existing water infrastructure and uses a filtering medium—often a type of activated carbon—to remove contaminants, sediment, and other substances that can compromise your water. A whole house filter is used in combination with the systems that provide water to your home, including municipal water sources, wells, and reverse osmosis filters, to improve the quality of your water.
Five reasons to consider installing a whole house water filter system:
1. Remove Contaminants: Whether you use a well or a municipal water source, the water that comes from your tap may include contaminants such as sediment, chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, perchlorates, and pesticides. A whole house water filter removes these contaminants to provide you with cleaner, safer water for daily use.
2. Improve the Taste of Drinking Water: If your drinking water has an unpleasant taste or odor, you’re likely spending lots of money on bottled water or relying on the filter built into your fridge. By filtering all of the water in your home with a whole house system, you can cut down on the waste of bottled water by making your tap water more enjoyable to drink. You’ll also improve the flavor of food and beverages that are made with your tap water, including coffee, tea, pasta, soups, and sauces.
3. Cleaner Water for a Spa-Like Experience: If your drinking water has an unpleasant taste or odor, that negative experience can carry over into other parts of your daily life—like brushing your teeth or taking a shower. A whole house filtration system provides pure, contaminant-free water to make these daily activities more enjoyable. The filter system also removes excess chlorine, which can damage your hair and skin by stripping away their natural oils.
4. Protect Your Plumbing & Appliances: If your water comes from a well, it may contain high levels of sediment and sand that can shorten the life of your plumbing and appliances. A whole house water filter system helps to remove these contaminants, preventing damage to your plumbing, hot water heater, washer, and more.
5. Low Maintenance: A whole house filtration system can treat up to a million gallons of water over five years, providing long-term benefits for your home and your personal well-being. The system is simple to install in almost any home, and virtually maintenance-free; many systems only require the periodic replacement of the filtering media, which can be done without any professional assistance.This is a good place to show off who’s occupying the corner offices. Write a nice bio about each executive that includes what they do, how long they’ve been at it, and what got them to where they are.