Estate planning helps you prepare for a wide variety of different issues ranging from settling the question of who would care for your children if anything should ever happen to you to paying for nursing home care and using your estate to benefit those you love after you have gone. We focus our efforts on creating highly effective estate planning solutions that can meet all of your needs. We get to know who you are, what your needs are and what you hope to accomplish through your estate plan. We then generate a plan that is tailored to whatever specific needs you have. From Medicaid planning to special needs planning and traditional wills and trusts, we know how to help you. Beyond estate planning, we also offer counsel on more immediate elder law issues such as establishing guardianships and conservatorships and assistance with trust administration, probate and finding the financial resources necessary to assist a loved one in need of nursing home care. We can help you help your senior loved one with whatever difficulties he or she is facing.
- Years in Business
- Planning for Families. Planning for Life.
- Google+ Local URL
- Company Blog URL
- Twitter Profile URL
- Facebook Page URL
- Linkedin Company Page URL
- NAELA, Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Services You Offer
- Elder law, estate planning, Guardianship And Conservatorship, Probate Administration, Special Needs Planning, Trust Administration
- Service/Product Description #1:
- Elder Law: The unfortunate reality is that for many people nursing home care is almost prohibitively expensive. While some people look ahead and build estate plans in advance that will help them deal with the cost of nursing home care, many families find themselves facing the question of how they will meet that expense only when they find themselves facing that need.
We help people in both situations. Our ability to create comprehensive estate plans helps people prepare for the cost of nursing home care. We are also very skilled at helping people identify and pursue all possible resources that could help them deal with the costs of nursing home care including Medicaid and MassHealth.
- Service/Product Description #2:
- Estate Planning: Our firm offers estate plans that are tailored to your needs and include a wide range of estate planning tools such as:
Wills — A will can be the entirety of an estate plan or its cornerstone. It allows you to do so much more than distribute your assets. You can use a will to name who you want to take care of your children as their guardian. A will also indicates the person you have chosen to take care of the probate of your estate.
Trusts — Trusts offer a variety of advantages such as keeping assets and property out of the probate process which means they are distributed sooner and with less taken out in taxes. There are so many different types of trusts that can be used to serve very specific situations such as special needs trusts.
Health care proxies and durable powers of attorney — Who you would trust to make health care decisions for you if you become incapacitated? Your estate plan can be used to let people know who you trust with your major health decisions.
Powers of attorney — No one ever wants to consider the possibility that they may need someone to make major choices for them. If that ever does happen, though, you will need someone to pay your bills and otherwise manage your finances. A power of attorney allows you to choose someone you trust for that role.
- Service/Product Description #3:
- Probate Administration: The loss of a loved one is a difficult time without the added complication of probating an estate. There are many issues that come up at the outset and throughout the estate administration, such as how do bills get paid, who receives an inheritance and how to gain access to accounts. Our firm guides clients through the probate process, a sometimes stressful and difficult exercise.
Our offices will provide assistance, whether we conduct the process from beginning to end or counsel you on an as-needed basis. Our services may include filing the petition to appoint the personal representative, marshaling the property, settling debts of the estate, preparing the estate tax returns, distributing inheritances to heirs, presenting the accounts to the court and closing the estate.
- Areas You Serve
- Andover, MA. Essex County, MA. Middlesex County, MA.