Northern Illinois Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery specializes in adult thoracic and cardiovascular surgical services, and is located in Elgin, Illinois. The surgeons of NICVS perform a high volume of all types of adult cardiac surgery with an emphasis on complex operations including coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), and off-pump (OPCAB) procedures, redo coronary bypass, surgical repair and replacement of mitral and aortic valves as well as surgical procedures to prevent atrial fibrillation and left ventricular volume reduction surgery for CHF (congestive heart failure). Additionally, the surgeons of NICVS routinely perform Thoracic (lung surgery, esophageal surgery, pectus excavatum repair) and Vascular surgical procedures (AAA repair, endovascular AAA repair, carotid artery surgery).
The physician staff of NICVS includes H. Jae Ihm, MD, FACS, Joong H. Choh, MD, FACS, W. Craig Thatcher, MD, FACS, Cynthia Neu Steimle, MD, FACS, and Timothy W. James, MD, FACS.
- Procedures Performed
- Aneyrysm Stenting;Aortic (Heart Valve) Surgery;Aortic (Heart) Aneurysm Repair;Cardiac (Heart) Surgery;Cardiac bypass surgery;Esophagectomy;Lung resection;Mitral valve repair;Thoracic surgery;Thoracoscopic Procedures;Vats (Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery)
- Trusted To Make Decisions?
- Based on 2 responses, when asked if they trust Dr. Steimle to make decisions or recommendations that they believe to be in their best interest, HealthGrades users on average responded 'Definitely yes.' Response is averaged using standard rounding.
- How Long Did You Wait?
- Based on 2 responses, when asked how long they had to wait before seeing Dr. Steimle, HealthGrades users on average responded '16 to 30 minutes.' Response is averaged using standard rounding.
- Overall Recommendation
- Out of 2 patients that have completed a Patient Experience Survey on this provider, 100% would recommend Dr. Steimle to their family and friends.
- Consumer Searches
- Out of 1 Critical Care Surgery physicians in Elgin, IL, Dr. Steimle is ranked 1st in the number of searches on Healthgrades' site.
- Fellowship Recognition
- Out of the 68 providers who completed their fellowship at University of Michigan Health System, 76% are HealthGrades' Recognized.
- University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 1993, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 1995
- Residency Recognition
- Out of the 80 providers who completed their residency at University of Michigan Health System, 89% are HealthGrades' Recognized.
- Medical School Recognition
- Out of the 6643 physicians who graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School, 84% are HealthGrades' Recognized.
- Hospital Affiliation
- Central Dupage Hospital;Saint Alexius Medical Center;Sherman Hospital
- Medical School
- University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 1986
- University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 1987
- University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 1992
- Critical Care Surgery, General Surgery, Thoracic Surgery
- Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA, 1982
- [email protected]
- Insurance Accepted
- Insurance Accepted include Medicaid
- Accepting New Patients
- Currently accepting new patients
- Accepts Medicare And/or Medicaid
- Accepts Medicare and Medicaid
- Group Practice
- Elgin Cardiac Surgery SC
- Physician Supplied Information
- View at HealthGrades
- Physician Name
- Cynthia N. Steimle
- Birth Place
- Aurora, IL, USA
- Year Joined Practice
- Licensing State
- Medical Degree
- Years Since Graduation
- Web Site